Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Calculation..... a much easier way

7:16 PM Posted by mohsin - for you 1 comment
I feel that calculation is an inherent quality. Even a person who had not been to school can calculate very accurately.Let me tell you something that I've been observing for a long time.
    Here in Hata, whenever I buy something, suppose I have to pay Rs. 46 and I gave the shopkeeper Rs.100 note, what he'll do?  He will give me Rs. 4 and say 50 is completed and continues counting by adding Rs. 10 or whatever denomination he has till it becomes 100. What a wonderful way of counting!
Not an iota of error.
   In this situation , what we'll do. We'll subtract 46 from 100 as our teacher told us when we were small kids.Though we also do not make mistakes but their method is far more simpler and it can be taught to children  at the initial stage to hold an interest in mathematics.And mind you... they have not learnt any method of calculation,it's their inherent quality. 

1 comment: